Top Reasons You Should Consider Buying a 2016 Kia Forte
The 2016 Kia Forte is a compact car available in three body types – a 4-door sedan, 2-door coupe and a 5-door hatchback. The 4-door sedan has two trim levels the LX and EX, the Forte5 has three trims the LX, EX and SX while the Koup has EX and SX trims. Starting with an MSRP of $15,990 there is a Forte designed for almost every need – so if you are in the market for a fun, sporty vehicle check out some of the pros and cons below.
2016 Kia Soul - Pros
- One of the sharpest looking cars in its segment – across all body types the Kia Forte is one of the best looking choices in the compact car segment. The highlights and features of the exterior exude a modern, sporty feel to it.
- Three choices of engines – depending on the body type needs or driving preferences there are three engines to choose from for the 2016 Kia Forte. Available on the LX sedan is a fuel efficient 1.8L 4-cylinder engine while it lacks power it gets 26 mpg in city driving and 39 mpg on the highways. For those who like a more power and a sportier drive the EX trims come with a 2.0L 4-Cylinder engine that cranks out 173 hp @ 6,500 rpm with 154 lb.-ft. @ 4,700 torque. The SX trims run on a 1.6L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 201 hp @ 6000 rpm and 195 lb.-ft. of torque @ 1750-4500 rpm making it the peppiest engine in the Forte lineup.
- Roomy interior – for a compact car the 2016 Kia Forte has a surprisingly roomy interior across all body types. Those who want maximum cargo space and rear seat headroom might opt for the Forte5.
|| Kia Forte
||Kia Forte Koup
|Head Room (in.)
|Leg room (in.)
|Cargo capacity (cu. ft.)
||23.2 (seats up)
|56.4 (seats down)
- Well planned out dashboard – the interior is very attractive and smartly laid out – all the dials, buttons and controls are nicely laid out and within reach and easy to use. The EX and SX trims have soft-touch materials throughout.
- Three body types to choose from – depending on your needs there is a Forte designed for you. Looking for a practical sedan? Kia made the 4-door sedan. Don’t like sedans and prefer more cargo room and functionality – the 5 door Kia Forte5 should have you covered. Prefer sportier looking cars and don’t really need to have a car full of passengers most of the time – the 2-door Koup might be your choice.
- Great value with plenty of standard and optional equipment – with a starting MSRP of $15,990 the Kia Forte. Depending on the trim level there are a number of high tech features that come either standard or upgraded in a package. Kia’s incredible UVO eServices Telematics with navigation is available on all EX and SX trims across the three body types.
- Three great engines to choose from - depending on your driving or price preferences. Standard on the LX 2.4 and EX 2.4 is a fuel efficient 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine coupled with a 6-speed automatic transmission producing 185 horsepower at 6,000 rpm, 178 lb.-ft torque at 4,000 rpm and gives a combined fuel economy of 30 mpg. On the SX and SXL models the 2.0-liter GDI turbo engine returns cranking out 245 horsepower at 6,000 rpm with 260 lb.-ft. torque at 1,350 rpm and a combined 38 mpg fuel economy. All new for 2016 is the 1.6-liter 4-cylinder turbo engine found on the LX 1.6T producing 178 horsepower at 5,500 rpm, 195 lb.ft. torque at 1,500-4,500 rpm and an impressive 32 mpg combined fuel efficiency.
- Warranty – Kia has a very generous warranty – including 10 years / 100,000 on the powertrain.
2016 Kia Forte - Cons
- 1.8L 4-cylinder engine lacks power – while it is the most fuel efficient of the three the base engine does lack the power to live up to the sporty exterior look, those who demand more performance from their vehicle they will want to look towards the 2.0L 4-cylinder and the 1.6L turbocharged 4-cylinder engines.
- Headroom in rear seat of Koup is a little low – the extra sporty looks of the Koup come at a cost when it comes to rear seat passenger headroom at 36.4 inches it’s the lowest of the Fortes so those who have taller passengers might want to look at the Forte5 with its 38.7 inches of rear seat headroom.
a Price Quote on a 2016 Kia Forte.