Top Reasons You Should Consider Buying a 2016 Kia Optima
The midsize sedan segment is the best value segment in the United States – with the list of standard equipment, technology and performance features the 2016 Kia Optima is impressive. Considering buying one? Check out some of the top reasons it is such a popular car.
- Sleek, bold appearance - the Kia Optima has been redesigned for 2015. The exterior has a sleek, sportier feel – the front has a more aggressive, bold appearance to it while the side profile maintains a classy, sporty look while not hiding the fact that at its heart it is a four door sedan.
- Solid fuel economy - the base LX model comes with the 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission that gives a mpg of 24 city / 37 highway for a combined 30 mpg. The 1.6-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder is coupled with a 7-speed dry type dual clutch automatic transmission is the best engine for fuel economy on the 2016 Kia Optima giving mpg of 28 city / 39 highway – 32 combined. While the 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine which comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission has the worst fuel economy of the 3 available engines coming in at 22 city / 32 highway / 28 combined mpg.
- Larger interior – the 2016 Kia Optima is slightly bigger in dimensions than previous years in all aspects - width, height and length. Not only does this translate into a roomier interior, larger trunk space – the wider wheelbase also gives it sportier handling.
- Big value – while the Optima is not the least expensive sedan in the midsize segment – it’s list of standard equipment, performance and advanced features make it one of the best values in the category.
- Comfortable seating – even the base model has a comfortable power seat with lumbar support .The LX trim comes with cloth seats while the EX and SX seat trims are leather the SXL seats are upgraded to premium Nappa leather trim. Optional on the Optima SX is a unique Merlot leather trim. With the new design for the Kia Optima even the rear seats are roomier.
- Larger cargo capacity – the slightly larger dimensions of the new Kia Optima not only give a roomier interior but it also adds to the trunk space giving generous dimensions of 15.9 cubic feet up 0.5 cubic feet over last year’s model.
- Three great engines to choose from - depending on your driving or price preferences. Standard on the LX 2.4 and EX 2.4 is a fuel efficient 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine coupled with a 6-speed automatic transmission producing 185 horsepower at 6,000 rpm, 178 lb.-ft torque at 4,000 rpm and gives a combined fuel economy of 30 mpg. On the SX and SXL models the 2.0-liter GDI turbo engine returns cranking out 245 horsepower at 6,000 rpm with 260 lb.-ft. torque at 1,350 rpm and a combined 38 mpg fuel economy. All new for 2016 is the 1.6-liter 4-cylinder turbo engine found on the LX 1.6T producing 178 horsepower at 5,500 rpm, 195 lb.ft. torque at 1,500-4,500 rpm and an impressive 32 mpg combined fuel efficiency.
- Technology and Convenience – Standard on the SXL and available on the other trim levels are rear parking sensors, rear cross traffic alert (RCTA) and blind spot detection system (BSD). Rear camera-camera display is available on all Optima’s – optional on the SXL and SX trims is a 360-degree Surround-View Monitor.
- New eServices to UVO – Parents of younger drivers will love four new features on the available UVO eServices Infotainment System:
Find My Car allows you to keep tabs on the location of your Kia. If your teenage driver borrowed your car to drive to school and you are worried they might have used it to head off to the beach instead – you’ll know at a glance where your car is.
Geo Fence allows you to define a pre-determined area and will notify you if your Kia Optima leaves that area. Worried that your teenage driver might be using your new car to shuttle people to an out of town party when they said they were spending the night at a friend’s house? Just knowing that you have ways of tracking the cars usage might be enough to deter impromptu road trips – and if they were to happen you’ll know.
Curfew Limit will send your smartphone an alert if the car is being used past a preset time.
Speed Alert will send you an alert when your Optima exceeds a preset speed. If you are getting these warnings it might be time to remind the driver about safety and how borrowing the car is a privilege not a right.
- Loaded with safety features – better crash protection found in the new body structure, engineered from high-tensile strength steel added to the long list of standard safety features make the 2016 Kia Optima the safest one yet. An impressive collection of airbags come standard on all Optima’s, you’ll find driver and passenger advanced front, driver’s knee, side curtain and front seat mounted side airbags. Also standard on all trims are 4-wheel antilock brakes, electronic stability control, electronic brake distribution, hill-start assist control, traction control system, tire pressure monitor system and vehicle stability management.
a Price Quote on a 2016 Kia Optima.