Top Reasons You Should Consider Buying a 2016 Kia Soul
The Kia Soul debuted in 2008 the 2016 model really show how it’s improved over the years – the interior has gone from too plasticky in its debut year to a real quality interior today. The initial year’s performance was considered to be a bit harsh – fast forward to this year and it has improved dramatically to a fun, capable ride. The commitment Kia has put into constantly improving the Soul has really paid off – it’s no wonder that it is one of their most popular vehicles today.
2016 Kia Soul - Pros
- Unique design – it’s no wonder that the 2016 Kia Soul is gaining popularity – with its bold and boxy shape it really pops out when it’s out on the roads. The design was aimed at younger crowds but has become very popular amongst all age groups.
- Large interior – due to its rectangular shape the interior is really spacious both for front and rear seat passengers. By comparison the legroom for the front is 40.9 inches while 39.1 inches in the back – headroom as well is fairly close. With rear seats down there is plenty of cargo space for a small car 61.3 cu. ft. (without luggage under the tray).
- Distinct functional interior – the unique design of the exterior also carries well into the interior – the dashboard and console area and door insert features have a very modern look and all the controls are easily accessible. The interior quality is impressive as well – the soft touch materials give a luxurious feel.
- Good value – with an MSRP from $17,159 for the Base, $19,300 for the Plus and $21,200 for Exclaim – there really is a lot of value when you look over the list of what you get. The Kia Soul won awards in 2015 for Best Retained Value – it’s no wonder it’s become Kia’s best-selling vehicle.
- Fun to drive –The Kia Soul handles very well for such a square vehicle, Kia has given it a stiffer suspension and frame which gives it a sportier feel. While the engines aren’t the most powerful out there the low end torque on the 2.0L I-4 makes city driving fun.
- Lots of standard and available options – for 2016 Kia have added more standard equipment to the across all three Soul trims. You can further customize the 2016 Kia Soul to match your personality with available features such as a panoramic sunroof with power sunshade, speaker lights, 8” navigation system, heated steering wheel or even LED taillights.
- Safety – Received 5-star crash ratings for Overall, Front Crash and Side Crash from NHTSA and is loaded with standard safety features and plenty of airbags. Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) and Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS) are optional on the Exclaim with the Premium Package.
- Warranty – Kia’s warranty on the 2016 Kia Soul is one of the best out there 10 years / 100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty, 5 year / 100,000 mile limited anti-perforation warranty, 5 year / 60,000 mile limited basic warranty and 5 year / 60,000 mile roadside assistance plan.
2016 Kia Soul - Cons
- Unique design – wait a second didn’t this one just appear on the pro list? While the design definitely appeals to some it doesn’t appeal to everyone. So depending on which side you are on it can be a pro or a con.
- Slow acceleration – if you envision yourself flying off the start line – the 1.6L I-4 engine might not be for you. While the 2.0L I-4 is more respectable in regards to power it still lacks the wow factor.
a Price Quote on a 2016 Kia Soul.