Top Reasons You Should Consider Buying a 2016 Kia Sportage
The Kia Soul debuted in 2008 the 2016 model really show how it’s improved over the years – the interior has gone from too plasticky in its debut year to a real quality interior today. The initial year’s performance was considered to be a bit harsh – fast forward to this year and it has improved dramatically to a fun, capable ride. The commitment Kia has put into constantly improving the Soul has really paid off – it’s no wonder that it is one of their most popular vehicles today.
2016 Kia Sportage - Pros
- Attractive modern style – the exterior of the 2016 Kia Sportage is very attractive with a sporty, aggressive modern feel to it. From the front through the sides to the rear the lines mesh nicely together making the sporty theme really work. Features such as the grille and lighting postitions, the shorter side window design and rear spoiler really punctuate the overall design.
- Good value for the money – with the amount of standard features and available options the Kia Sportage has a lot of value with a starting MSRP of $22,150. There are a number of optional equipment and packages available that lets you further the customization of the Sportage to fit your needs.
- SX trim’s turbo engine – while the 2.4L I4 engine is good the 2.0L turbocharged engine really stands out and has enough power to give the Sportage a more sporty feel. With 240 hp @ 6,000 rpm and 260 lb.-ft. @ 1,450-3,500 rpm the turbo engine is very fast it is coupled with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Nicely laid out attractive interior – the interior is well thought out – all controls are easily within reach and everything flows nicely together. The seats are comfortable and depending on trim level are clad in either cloth or leather. There is a lot of technology features as well either standard or optional depending on trim level.
- Appearance looks like it should be much more expensive – the overall appearance of the 2016 Kia Sportage with the craftsmanship and highlight features really makes the crossover SUV seem like it should be in a higher price bracket – not out of place with some of the luxury brands.
- UVO eServices available – coming standard on the SX trim and available on the EX is a navigating system with Kia’s UVO eServices. UVO eServices is a subscription free infotainment system – you can use it for navigation, making hands-free calls on your smartphone, stream music and vehicle diagnostics.
- Choice of front wheel drive or all-wheel drive – both front-wheel and all-wheel versions are available for the Kia Sportage so depending on your needs and preferences they have you covered. The FWD models are more fuel efficient and can cost less to maintain while the AWD gives better traction and handling.
- Amazing Warranty – Kia’s warranty is sure to give peace of mind – it’s one of the best on the market today. 10 year / 100,000 km limited powertrain, 5 year / 100,000 limited anti-perforation and 5 year / 60,000 km limited basic warranty and roadside assistance plan.
2016 Kia Sportage - Cons
- Backseat is a little on the small side – the 2016 Kia Sportage is a small crossover suv so there will be some concessions to be made – while the front seat dimensions are good the rear seat might seem a little crowded for larger passengers mainly in the legroom available.
- Cargo room is also a bit small – like the rear seating the cargo room is also smaller than a lot of the Sportage’s competing models the luggage under tray is a nice feature though. Depending on your needs this might not pose a problem but those who demand a lot of cargo room might want to research some of the competitors as well.
- Small side windows give less visibility – while the side windows look amazing and really add to the sporty vibe the Sportage exudes – they might hamper the outside visibility for some.
a Price Quote on a 2016 Kia Sportage.