Free Guide - How to buy a car
money on car
insurance - free online
Ford Looks to the Future in Project Go Mobility
Angeles, CA, Jan 02, 2003 -- The 2003 Project Go Mobility Eddie Bauer
Expedition puts adventurous people with disabilities into the drivers
seat for a "No Boundaries" advanced technology experience.
At this years Los Angeles Auto Show, Ford will display a customized
Eddie Bauer Expedition that demonstrates that mobility enhancements have
arrived in one of the hottest and most successful SUVs in the market.
Fords Mobility Motoring Program and Intelligent Transportation Systems
Team worked with Ride-Rite® Division, a part of BFS Diversified, and
Bruno® Independent Living Aids, Inc. to create the Project Go Mobility
Expedition, which has state-of the-art technology and serious off-road
The Project Go Mobility Expedition provides a glimpse of future technologies
that could help all drivers to increase security on the road. The all-new
2004 Mercury Monterey minivan, for example, will feature elements of next-generation
technologies, including front and rear object sensing.
The Project Go Expedition exterior features include:
- A next-generation positional backup camera aid that provides enhanced
visibility while in reverse.
- Ride-Rite® IntelliRide air springs with three levels to optimize
vehicle height for different conditions including: a lowered position
for easier ingress and egress at rest, a middle range for optimal performance
on the street and 2-inch increase in ride height for improved off-road
- Rostra Front Obstacle Sensing System (ROSS) employs a microwave-based
technology with both audible and visual indicators when the vehicle
is approaching an object.
- SmarTire Wireless Pressure Monitoring System gives the driver
tire pressure and temperature information for each wheel and tire assembly.
An audible and visual alarm alerts the driver when a change in conditions
- Automotive Safety Auto Parts, LLC, Safety Hot Blades wiper blades
are thermostatically controlled and automatically heat when the thermometer
slides below 35 degrees F.
- An integrated power rear liftgate can be voice, key fob or manually
- Precision Coach Works paint and graphics.
- Trenz Billet Grilles.
- Borla® Cat-Back Exhaust System.
- 18-inch Colorado Custom Dacono wheels.
- New Bridgestone Dueler H/P 285/60 R 18 tires offer excellent performance
- Bluetooth technology allows drivers hands-free access to their
Personal Digital Assistant (PDA), cell phone and other devices.
- Personal Information Management (PIM) service connects to the consumer's
PDA and makes the information it contains available to other systems
in the vehicle.
- Digital reconfigurable instrument cluster presents information to
the driver seamlessly and intuitively.
- A hands-free voice system provides control of the entertainment system,
heating and cooling and next-generation telematics.
- Redesigned center console allows the driver easy transfer from the
passenger seat to the drivers seat.
- Wheelchair docking center located between the rear seats provides
safe storage of a wheelchair. A Polytech net secures the wheelchair
in place during transport.
- Trenz Billet interior and doorsills with a brushed finish from 100
percent billet aluminum.
- Industry-first Bruno Turning Automotive Seating (TMS) with
a hand controlled pivoting and articulating passenger seat base that
matches the interior. The TMS can be installed in other Ford, Lincoln
and Mercury full size SUVs, pickups and full-size vans.
- Bruno Curb-Sider® Super XL rear tailgate lift that allows customers
to raise, lower and rotate a fully assembled mobility device from the
curb side or from directly behind the SUV.
- Wells-Engberg CT-100 Rotary Hand Operated Driving Controls that provide
easier, less cumbersome and more convenient driving opportunities for
the disabled driver.
Project Go is ready for Off-Road
- Ride-Rite® remote fill station offers an on-board air source
for inflating tires and other pneumatic components.
- WAAG FrontRunners and rear bumper guards with durable five-stage
powder-coated finish with mountable space for a winch and off-road lights.
- WARN® 9.5ti Thermometric Winch with a pulling capacity of 9500
- KC fog and driving lights for improved illumination.
- Noble Industries aluminum roof rack.
- Optima® Yellow Top Deep Cycle Batteries allows for greater cranking
capabilities at high current loads.
About Mobility Motoring
Nearly 10,000 people received benefits from Ford Mobility Motoring last
year. Since its creation in 1992, the program has assisted more than 85,000
individuals and organizations with more than $72 million in reimbursement
Ford Mobility Motoring provides up to $1,000 toward the cost of adaptive
equipment or up to $200 on alerting devices, lumbar support or running
boards when installed on new Ford, Mercury or Lincoln vehicles.
In addition to financial aid, Ford Mobility Motoring provides customers
with a state-specific packet of information listing assessment centers,
equipment installers and other potential sources of financial assistance,
including extended vehicle financing terms through Ford Credit Mobility
For more information about Mobility Motoring please log-on to www.mobilitymotoringprogram.com
or call 800.952.2248.
Although New-Cars.com checks with auto manufacturers and their representatives
to confirm the accuracy of the data, it makes no guarantee or warranty,
either expressed or implied with respect to the data presented here. All
specifications, prices and equipment are subject to change without notice.
- News Archives - Car
Reviews - New
- Contact Us
Copyright © 2002 New-Cars.com